Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Week 6 - Delicious and Technorati

Another informative week ...

Del.icio.us was interesting! Another place to bookmark your favorite sites. The only use I could think of for us within libraries would be a place to sent others when wanting to share a collection of sources, probably on a temporary basis (e.g., Friends working on bylaws and wanting to see what others have come up with). Check out my sites at: http://del.icio.us/Lydiann

Technorati was just another place to organize your favorite blogsites. Pretty much the same as the good ole bookmark -- without having to log in. However, if I was away from my "primary" machine, I could appreciate Technorati. I can't think of too much a library could use this for except as a "temporary" collection of items for group work. Check out my faves at: http://www.technorati.com/faves/Lydiann

We also learned the importance of Tagging. Tagging is essential if you wish for others to find your site or for you to be able to find other sites that interest you.

No comments: